Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RH army duck fabric and cats

Posted by swgirl (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 22:55

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I've lurked for years and love the wealth of opinions and information I can get here.

We are thinking about buying the Martine chair from Restoration Hardware in Army Duck. I am curious if anyone has furniture with this fabric and cats. My cats scratch furniture.

The best fabric so far was my old couch in a khaki twill from now defunct Foley's. It never ripped---even with five cats going at it for 10 years.

So far nothing has held up like it. I'm wondering about this army duck fabric because someone told me that it was good for people with cats.

Any replies will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RH army duck fabric and cats

The Army Duck is a very sturdy fabric compared to many 100% cotton fabrics. I would suggest plenty of cat scratching post in the room near the furniture with capnip. I a cat decides to scratch really nothing will help and no fabric can withstand the scratching. I guess how bad the fabric looks will depend on the weave and the stength of the fabric and this fabric will last longer than most as it has a tight weave and is fairly thick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here