Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Friend recently gifted me chair (Eames?)

Posted by eames654 (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 22:01

A friend of mine recently gifted me a Chair since he was moving and didn't have room for it in his new house. It appears to be an Eames type chair and I just wanted to find out more about it. Link to the pictures: http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q509/eames654/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Friend recently gifted me chair (Eames?)

It looks like a knock off to me, from what I can see.

They are worth what someone will pay in a given market.

The Eames version has never been out of production and they are really expensive $4500-5700 retail, so this tends to drive the price of vintage ones in good condition. Only a very early or prototypical one will be worth more, independent of condition.

Look at eBay or 1st dibs under Eames or Eames style lounge to see prices of the real thing and for pictures to compare the real vs. the imitators.

o

There are some good knock of of the Eames chair, so good in fact that it is hard to tell. The Eames lawyers come after the knock off companies with a vengence so they are getting more difficult to find. It's a nice gift either way and you have a good friend. Enjoy it.

o

eames654 I had a look at your pictures and I don't think it's a knock off. I used to sell these chairs and it looks like the real thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here