Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do You Know of a Sofa that Meets My Wish List?????

Posted by heathernj (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 21:53

I've been looking and looking and have yet to find the right sofa.
I come close but either its out of my price range, the manufacturer is not well rated or some other major issue.
PLEASE post with any suggestions. THANKS in advance.
My wish list is:
Tight Back
Three Cushion seat
Sleeper sofa (doesn't have to be the absolute best sleeper, will get used a few weeks a year for guests)
NO Skirts (any kind of legs are ok - wood preferred)
Needs to be on the firm side or have an option to upgrade to firm cushions (bad knees and back so firm is easier to get up from)
Would like to stay under $1800 if possible
Durable fabric options (have a dog)
Yes, its a lot but I didn't think it was impossible.
The only thing I have found that came close is the Bassett furniture Custom Classics sleep sofa with the tight back, 3 cushion seat and exposed legs. I was turned off by the crappy fabrics (they looked worn in the showroom and none seemed very sturdy in the sample room) AND the fact that most of my searches have come up with negative reviews of Bassett's upholstered items. Also the prices are up there but I got it down to my price range by getting a quote through NC.
see pic here...
http://www.bassettfurniture.com/store/productDetailForm.asp?imgid=18570&Seq=1

Here is a link that might be useful: bassett sofa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do You Know of a Sofa that Meets My Wish List?????

If you look at the website that gicasa refers you to & to the bottom it is a Chinese company. Do some research on line about burns resulting from upholstery made in China. It seems that the chemical they use in the cushions to prevent mositure becomes a gas that has come through the cushions & fabric & has caused extreme chemical burns on people. I have purchased from Elite Interiors for years--look at their website www.elitefurnituregallery.com

o

sorry !

o

sorry !

o

Hi,
I'm usually lurking in home dec, but since I'm also looking for a sofa, your question intriqued me. One wish you might reconsider that would allow you more options in your search is the hide-a-bed. I've slept on a few too many, and as a guest, I can assure you that I'd much rather sleep on an inflatable mattress,(preferably the ones that stand up about bed height), than sleep on the best sleeper sofa. Even one on the floor is better than a sleeper though IMHO. Plus they're heavy to move and less comfortable to sit on. So unless you absolutely have no floor space anywhere else, you might re-think this "wish". Just a thought... Good luck in your search.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here