Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trying to find counter height dining set

Posted by lauraella (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 08 at 18:34

We are refreshing our 20 yr old house and are looking for a new dining set. Since my kids and husband are tall I am looking for a counter height set. I really like the ones with the black legs and cherry tops. It is just really hard to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or that isn't huge.

I am in So Cal, and I think I have been to every furniture store in So Orange County. I finally went to Al's Unfinished Woodcraft in Tustin, they had a few that might work, but I would have to order them, they don't have them in store.

Does anyone else know of a place that may have what I am looking for?

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trying to find counter height dining set

What's your budget?

o

Well the one we looked at at Basset was $3k and DH said no to that! So I am thinking under $3k!

o

My post from another thread:
"I'm not sure of their retail prices, but try Bermex. I have a pedestal, non-extending, 36" (I think) table from them in my kitchen. That and four chairs cost me about $1600. You can customize just about anything."

I don't know if they will have the style you like, but they do have counter height tables (like my kitchen table).

Here is a link that might be useful: Bermex

o

Thanks, they do have that brand at the unfinished furniture store I went to. I need to take DH over there to check it out.

o

Canadian prices are going up 3-4 times per year. If Bermex doesn't work out, look into Saloom.

o

Funny! I am looking for a similar table, but regular height! Seems all I can find is counter height tables.
Anyway, Sams Club has something similar to what you are talking about for around $700-$800 for the set (chairs included!) You might want to check it out.
Good luck!

o

I've been looking too, but I need one that will fit my small dining room.
I'm still unsure if I want a counter height table. ( we are tall too) but I'm wondering if it would look out of place in a tight spot.
Anyway, here is the one I keep coming back to. Looks like something you'd like too : )

Here is a link that might be useful: Clearbrook Counter height set

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here