Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Futura Model M149 Dual Reclining Sofa (Leather)

Posted by slipkordisem (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 18:10

I'm looking for opinions on this sofa:
http://www.baers.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=-999031415&ItemNum=M149

For a decently priced leather sofa, does this sound like a good one? We want to make sure we are getting a nicely built, long lasting sofa for around $1,000. Opinions please?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Futura Model M149 Dual Reclining Sofa (Leather)

We want to make sure we are getting a nicely built, long lasting sofa for around $1,000. Opinions please?
Seriously, for that price, I doubt if it would be worth much at all, and it certainly would not last long, much less be comfortable. For something in that price range, in leather that reclines, I'd suggest you either looking at used furniture stores or looking at ads on Craigslist in your area. I, for one, would not want to make a furniture purchase without seeing it 'in person' and getting to sit on it to check it for comfort. Imho, you get what you pay for.

Sue

o

We did see this one in person. At McGregor's Furniture. It was 100% leather all the way around, seemed comfy but I would probably sit in it in a few more positions. From what I can find online it seems it is a Top Grain Leather. The price was around 1200 w/o tax...the love seat was around the same price. Any one with opinions about this brand/sofa itself?

o

It just about has to be the bonded leather for that price- not full grain.

o

slipkordisem ask the sales person at McGregor's for some more info on the construction of the sofa and the type of leather it is so you have information to make an informed judgement. Maybe it is a good value. Maybe it's a floor sample that's been hanging around and they just want to move it. You never know. I saw a very nice all leather chair at a large furniture store for $25. It's now in my rec room. This store has a markdown policy and they keep marking down the clearance items until their sold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here