Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggie200_gw

Boyles Furniture, NC ? Good-Bad? Still in business?

maggie200
12 years ago

I am new at on-line furniture shopping but I am grateful to have this site. I saw a beautiful Bombe dresser

and left a note at Boyle furniture. Carolina Rustica, another furniture company, answered my email and said they are partnered with Boyle to answer ?s and sell the same high quality furniture they "used to." Scam? True? What about Boyle Furniture? They want me to call them for a price quote? Can I get some help with my paranoia?

Thanks, Maggie

Comments (14)

• jen9
    12 years ago

Boyles was great & I bought a lot of furniture from them over the years, but I believe they went out of business about 6 months ago.

• maggie200
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. Jen, for taking the time to answer. You don't know how much I appreciate it. I guess the Bombe dresser is a past dream. This is a tricky game without help.
    Hugs, maggie

• djd56
    12 years ago

Boyles is still in business and you can go to their website:

http://www.boyles.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Boyles Furniture and Rugs

• akrnhsnc
    12 years ago

I live in Raleigh and shop at Boyle's regularly. Their prices can't be beat by anyone I've tried either online or in store. No, I'm not an employee, just a very satisfied customer. Things that I bought there were hundreds of dollars less than other online outlets. They are also willing to give you quotes without having to bend over backwards to get them. If you see something you like, you can email them for a quote and they usually get back to you within 24 to 48 hours. Also, even for those out of state, it's well worth it despite Shipping costs which are surprisingly low. I saved money in ordering from them when I lived in PA, too.

• User
    12 years ago

I can recommend high point furniture sales/ I have ordered from them twice over the years with a big span in between. Their website and phone numbers are still the same as they were 10 years ago. (at the time I used the phone which is still 800-334-1875). I can only tell you they were great to deal with and were 100% legit.

Here is a link that might be useful: High Point Furniture Sales

• jayce3
    12 years ago

Boyles is definitely closed...I was there today.

• maggie200
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your answers. I would like this bombe dresser that is on the Boyles Furniture site and if anyone has info let me know. I might put this picture up as a new post.
    Hugs for the continuous help, Maggie

Here is a link that might be useful: Bombe dresser

• alexmac9
    11 years ago

I have always been a Boyles customer and have always received amazing service from everyone (sales staff, customer service....even the delivery guys!) I have even visited their newest location in Mocksville, NC. The showroom looks amazing and I can't wait to come back and purchase a new living room!!

• wmsimons85
    7 years ago

I know this is old but considering buying furniture from Boyles and was concerned to see the comments here about them being closed.

Can anyone verify the status of Boyles furniture?

• Ed
    7 years ago

I purchased a 'higher end' of Broyhill sofa a few years ago. Leather. I was told I could return it if I was not happy. I was apprehensive because quality of leather ,full thickness is important but not a big brainer. My saddles are important re good leather- sofa should be also. The sofa arrived..... it was split leather that was a shiny, stiff, slippery as a cat's xxx. Boyles denied I could return it. I purchased with credit card on purpose and they made them come get it/refund. I will never buy from them ever... I did find a Broyhill at a Billings store that had been custom ordered and never picked up. It was a beautiful sofa- huge, soft, quality leather. No idea if Broyhill has gone downhill in quality like most furniture. I would not buy unseen unless you are very familiar with brand, model, grade of covering, written return, pay with credit card. Insureance for delivery/satisfied purchase. Good luck.

• wmsimons85
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Thank you Ed. That is bad news.

I have found a dining table I really like and it is back ordered from the manufacturer until mid Febuary and this is what Boyles told me as well.

Got a call shortly aftter being told this saying they have a floor model and will sell it to me if I also buy the chairs. Really want the table but these comments concern me

I also need two sofas along with a few other things and was considering them :/

• Ed
    7 years ago

Wmsimons85- FYI. I am looking for a rug. I bought one at Lowes 18 months ago for $300. I like it so much I want a spare. Last night I searched online. (Mononeni, Summit Collection, Sand, 8'x10'). I think it was Wayfair that had the best price- $425.00, free ship. I decided to look at Boyles this am because they taut 'cheap prices'. They were hands down THE MOST EXPENSIVE, at $639.00. This price was '30% off', down from $900.00!! I would be extremely wary of Boyles.

• deeinohio
    7 years ago

I just purchased a lamp from Boyle's--$130 plus cheaper than anyplace else. When it arrived, it had a flaw. The customer service was impeccable, and I received a new lamp quickly, and returned the old one after the new one arrived.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH