Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To buy furniture or not to buy furniture?...that is the question.

Posted by covenantbuilders (My Page) on
Sun, May 30, 10 at 17:10

I posted on the "Home Decorating" forum also but thought I might get some good advice here also.

We are in the market to buy some bedroom furniture. Have narrowed it down to Kincaid "Chateau Royale" or Durham "Marquis de Lafayette". I am having trouble finding floor samples to see "in person". I have seen other collections from these companies and like their workmanship.

Time is now a factor because Boyles Furniture is offering free shipping until tomorrow and it will save us quite a bit of money. They also gave us a great quote on the Kincaid. Would you buy furniture without seeing an actual floor sample?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To buy furniture or not to buy furniture?...that is the quest

I don't think I have ever "tested" a bed before I bought it, I don't see an issue with buying it without seeing it.

o

Nope....I would want to see at least part of the grouping in person, touch it and look at it from all sides before I popped for that kind of money.
I have had enough problems with ordering a piece in a certain color or finish after seeing seeing something in a furniture show room.
Linda C

o

What did you decide?
Did you order?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here