Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What did I do? White microfiber couch?!

Posted by fancyshmancy (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 15:09

A store here in town is having a "going out of business" sale and I ended up buying an off-white microfiber sofa, loveseat, and recliner. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and it was a very good deal... BUT, I have a small child and two large dogs (not allowed on furniture, but still shed). I just don't think it would last long in our house, and don't want to be constantly worrying over it, OR cleaning it. Of course, there are no cancellations or returns allowed. Do you have any recommendations on how to sell it, and fast? I have it listed on Craigslist, but there are no takers.

Also, after purchasing the furniture listed above I went to another store and fell IN LOVE with a sofa set there. It is also about $700 more than what we paid for the other set (although it is higher quality). I called them today to see if they would be willing to go down in price any, and he said he would give me $50 off... umm, not really making me rush over there. Are there any tricks I can use to get them to come down more in price?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What did I do? White microfiber couch?!

I would keep trying Craigs list. Try listing it in a college town if there is one near you. Adding a picture always helps. If this doesn't work, you may need to lower your price or let them know in the listing you are open to negotiation. Good luck.

o
RE: What did I do? White microfiber couch?!

If you are really not happy with your set you may just have to cut your losses and reduce the price to a point in will sell, perhaps as low as 50% off. On the other hand you might get a few years use out of it and if you keep it in good shape you might still be able to get 50% of your cost. Microfiber is failry easy to clean.

As far as the set in the store you could leave an offer with them. If it doesn't sell they may take you up on it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here