Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
King Hickory???

Posted by alintoff4 (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 08 at 14:54

We saw a sectional that we like by a brand called "King Hickory". It is in the creative rooms collection....anyone have any input on this company...how is the quality???
Thanks!
Jill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: King Hickory???

Jill, king hickory has some very nice pieces. We bought a king hickory sofa, 2 chair 1/2's and a foot rest. Our sofa and chair 1/2's are cloth and leather and the foot rest is all leather. We purchased it from plunkett furniture store. We love the quality and beauty. Now a word to the wise. Do not pay local furniture store prices. We saved $1000 on our sofa, $700 a piece on the chairs and $600.00 on the footrest. That is a total savings of $3000. I simply lifted the pillows up on each item I was interested in and copied all of the numbers that I found. I e-mailed several manufactures in Highpoint, NC and asked them to send me a quote based upon the numbers that i retrieved from the furniture. In approximately 48 hours I had two quotes that blew Plunketts prices out of the water. I took those prices to Plunkett (Plunkett will want a copy of what was e-mailed to you) and Plunkett came very close to matching the quotes from Highpoint, NC. If you were to order the items from Highpoint, NC it takes approximatly eight weeks. Either shipping or no tax for merchandise, i can't remember. Plunket will argue that you will have to wait eight weeks for your merchandise when they can deliver it in a few days. My answer to that was for a $3,000 savings, I will wait, but can you afford to let me walk out the door. Well to make a long story short, they didn't let me walk out the door. You can do this type of willing and dealing at any high-end furniture store. I hope this helps!!!!

o

Thanks so much! We are between King Hickory and Bradington Young....can't decide which one!! I never pay furniture store prices. I go through a place in NYC called M.Katz and Sons (www.katzfurniture.com). They always have the best prices. For my last purchase (an American Drew dining room set) they beat the N.Carolina prices by a lot. I think it is egregious that furniture stores charge in comparison to M.Katz or the N.Carolina places....unbelievable! Which N.Carolina place did you go through. I would definitely price it out through the same one as well....thanks! Jill

o

Jill,
I also go through Katz furniture in NYC. We are toying between King Hickory and BY but I am trying to find out if BY has a married cover for their sectional. What did you go with BY or Great Rooms?
Carmela

o

Jill,
I also go through Katz furniture in NYC. We are toying between King Hickory and BY but I am trying to find out if BY has a married cover for their sectional. What did you go with BY or Great Rooms?
Carmela

o

Chalise,
Hello, I am very interested in your comment about not buying from local furniture stores. I love King Hickory and have our furniture set all picked out but would love to save a little $. So are you saying there are numerous manufacturers that will make King Hickory? I am from Colorado so when I googled 'furniture manufacturers Highpoint' I could not tell the difference between a manufacturer and a retail store. Do you by any chance still have the names of the manufacturers you were referrign to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

o

I am also looking for a sofa, so thanks for the info. Has anyone heard of Hickorycraft? I saw a sofa made by this company at a Thomasville Furniture store and wondered about the quality. It was very firm and actually about as comfortable any other that I tried. Thanks for the tips about bargaining. I want a good sofa at a fair price. I expect these things to last, and was initially wanting leather. Now I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

o
Furniture in Highpoint NC

I saw the message about getting bids from NC furniture but didn't see a response as to who to contact? Anyone have any info about this?

o

Dear Deniser and others,
I too am from Colorado and attracted to the Melrose series from King Hickory. Woodley's in our area doesn't show all the furniture, naturally, but in particular, I cannot find the Melrose in Colorado.
How have you been doing? And how have you solved your situation?
Thanks,
Barbara Carson, Newfolkways

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here