Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me pick a sofa!!!

Posted by eliware (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 14:26

I have narrowed it down to a few, out of dozens I have looked at but I still can not decide... I love a mix of modern and traditional, transitional I assume. I also love nail-head, lol...

Please help. Top picks so far. All around 2K or a tad higher

Restoration Hardware

Mitchell Gold

CR Laine

Precedent

Ferguson Copeland Front

Ferguson Copeland Back

Here is an idea of whats going on in there so far

More than likely it will be upholstered in a gray or stone fabric.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me pick a sofa!!!

I think it depends on what you're going to use the sofa for...

With just the photos to go on, I'd think the Ferguson works as a nice sofa to read, watch tv, or stretch out in. The C.R. Laine is more of a fashion statement.

o

From a use standpoint, will you ever want to lie on it with your head slightly elevated? If so, the Precendent and Ferguson would be best. (the MGBW sofa has no arm essentially and the RH sofa arm is too tall).

Many people do not like sitting on sofas or deep chairs that are armless which rules out MGBW Marlena.

I like all of them, I don't love the peak on the arm of the CR Laine sofa. The Ferguson has an interesting back if that is going to be visible.

o

I really like the Marlena for your house. The swoop of the arms looks like the curve in the arms of your chairs.

Those are some beautiful sofas you get to choose!

o

Ferguson or Marlena, definitely. If you use it like we do (lying down on it to watch TV, the shorter arms will be more comfy with throw pillows to lean on. I do like the legs on the Mitchell, though. So if I was picking btw the Marlena and Mitchell, I'd choose the Mitchell for me.

o

Ok, so now I want to know which you went with. We are considering a CR Laine and wanted to find out if you chose that one, and how you liked it? THanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here