Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
descent reclining sofas for $1000 dollar budget

Posted by misterjones (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 14:19

Hi I am in the market for a sofa as i am going to move to a new place in july. I have two kids and need something thatll be able to take a little abuse and not start sinking or tear after a year of use. Any recommendations on any collections or companies or links to any reclining sofas for around $1000 is highly appreciated. I prefer leather because i have allergies and sofas that can hold dust and particles like cotton will give me allergies, any other materials that may be good for a guy with allergies is welcomed.

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: descent reclining sofas for $1000 dollar budget

You will not be able to find genuine leather sofa or sofa recliner at this price. Maybe a used sofa, check your local classifieds or craigslist.

Its possible to find a vinyl or simulated leather/rebond at this price, but the quality of the mechanism will be suspect, as well as the density=quality of the foam cushions. Look to see if the actual manufacturers name is stamped on the mechanism. As no upholstery manufacturer builds their own mechanism. If they state that the mechanism is their own brand, then they are using a cheap chinese import.

o

Definitely buy used....I got a beautiful Sofa and loveseat, wonderful leather, on Craigs List, for $700.00 for the pair. She was moving and didn't want to pay for shipping. It was in perfect condition. Looked like it hadn't been used. Bought granddaughter sofa and loveseat leather set and $250.00...it was a steal. It was also in excellent condition. And both were very good leather...and the colors I was wanting.

o

You might check out Palliser made in Canada and Mexico. It will be more than $1000 but you can find something from Palliser in the $1100 to $1500 range

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here