Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edie_thiel

To dcollie - Leathercraft

edie_thiel
12 years ago

Duane,

Trying to learn about leather furniture and have been looking online at the H&M, Leathercraft, and BY brands. Found a Leathercraft model online that seems "perfect" (of course, I would need to sit on it to be sure).

Does Leathercraft "keep" its sofa styles for more than a few years? I love the Leathercraft 902-00/3 sofa. It looks perfect - the right size and not "too" anything - too ornate, too western, too modern, too chunky & heavy, too trendy, etc.

I'm hoping that it will be around for a few more years; depending upon what I can get it for, I will need to save for a couple of years to purchase one. But, I think that this is the right way to go. I think that the look is classic and will work well with many different interior designs, so that it will stand the test of time, and I won't be sick of it in 10 years.

Looking at the price guide on the site, what does COM mean? My first guess was "Cost of Manufacturing"?

Also, which is more durable? The cushion back of this sofa or the tight back like the 1940 sofa?

I'm not completely sure how high-end furniture stores operate; do they sell floor models after a certain amount of time for a reduced price? Or, maybe they don't keep too many floor models on display due to cost? We have one Leathercraft distributor in Fargo, and I plan to visit the store in the next few days.

And, what grade leather would you guess is being shown on the sofa on this website?

Thanks so much for your time and attention.

Here is a link that might be useful: Leathercraft 902-00/03 Sofa

Comments (3)