Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacement cable for recliner

Posted by gary__ (My Page) on
Sun, May 28, 06 at 11:29

We have a sofa and love seat that recline. A couple of the cable assemblies that you pull to make them recline are shot. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? Someone's got to make them somewhere. If I can't find something made for this purpose I'll have to scab in some kind of push pull cable from an auto parts store.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacement cable for recliner

Gary,
I have the same problem, did you find any cable pulls?

o

Not yet. Think I'll ask at a furniture store to see if they have a suggestion before trying to fabricate something.

o

Finally got a couple cables from the manufacturer...no charge. They said it was still under warranty. The hard part was finding the correct phone number.

A near by furniture store, McMahan's Furniture Stores Albany OR, jerked me around for two months. They are listed as the contact for parts for Douglas, which was the brand in question. Wouldn't even give me the phone number because I didn't buy the set from them. I would have gladly purchased the parts from them that would have cost them nothing to obtain. They chose to be d*ck heads. I'll make a point not to buy anything from them ever now. Will make the same recommendation to others. Stay away from McMahan's Furniture Stores Albany, OR.

I can say that the manufacturer, Douglas Furnature, stands behind their products. I would have gladly paid for the parts. They sent them to me for free, no questions asked.

o
stay away from mcmahan's

On October 12, 2006 we went to McMahans to get a new Energy Efficient washing machine. We purchased a washing machine model # GLTF2940ES for $399.99 & an electric dryer for $99.00. We purchased these Items on a one day 15% coupon. We went back the very next day to pick up our washer and & dryer. I spoke to Mr. Hinton and told him the washer they brought out was not the correct washer, because the washer we picked out the day before did not have a dent on the side. Mr. Hinton had assured me it was the correct washer and that he seen it come off the truck with the dent. Mr. Hinton then side tracked me with the dryer, We purchased an electric dryer. Mr. Hinton asked if I knew it was gas, I said no the description sticker on it said electric. Mr. Hinton asked if we wanted the matching dryer to our washer I said yes, So he switched and I received an electric dryer Model # GLEQ2152ES he said because of the mistake of the wrong dryer I would get it at the old ones price. About a month later I get my rebate form back from the electric company telling me my model # I wrote down does not match my receipt. So I check them and sure enough I received the wrong washer like I had though. So I go back to McMahans and talked to Mr. Hinton trying to figure out how to fix this problem. I wanted the washer I purchased. Mr. Hinton tells me I could come and pick out a new washer and I would get it for the same price. So we go in and try to find another front loader that is energy efficient there were none left that would qualify for a rebate through the electric company, except the brand new 06 models. So We talked about it and decided to get it. We were told we would get it at a discounted price. November 18, 2006 We go in and pick out a new washer. We were there for a few hours doing the paperwork and disputing the price. We used a one day 15% coupon and they told me I could not use it on this washer. So anyways we purchase a washer Model # ATF6000ES. Set up a date and time of 4 hour period to deliver the washer and pickup the old one. After waiting the 45 minutes passed the period I called asking were they were. Finally about an hour and a half late they showed up and left me the new washer. They turned it on and it made noises. So I call them back they come out half hour later and tell me the noise is because there are no clothes in it. November 20, 2006 I call again about the noise so they tell me they will contact a repair service. Two weeks later I have not heard anything so I contact the repair people myself asking what to do they ask me if I could see the shipping bolts. Delivery forgot to take the shiping bolts out of the washer. So I call again and talked to Mr.Hinton and tell him the shipping bolts are in it still, He tells me he will have it repaired and I will get a new washer by December 15, 2006. January 2007 I called Mr Hinton back up asking where is my washer. He tells me I need to call the repair service. I tell him he needs to get it fixed or I will not make another payment so I quit making my payments until I receive a working washer. My boyfriend and I go into McMahans asking for a new washer we have had enough run a round we need to do laundry. We keep disputing the payments I refuse to pay until I get my washer. Finally in February I am on the schedule for a new washer and they give me a five hour window and they never showed up so I went back to work. I called them they said they showed up an hour late. I told them I could not wait I needed to get back to work. I spoke to Don King and he told me I needed to work with them, I told him no he needed to work with me I live a block away and they give me a 4 hour time frame and then show up at an hour and half late and expect me to be waiting. So finally they do show up with my washer In February of 2007 after buying the original in OCTOBER 06. March 2007 I went into McMahans and talked to Mr. Hinton about the washer it was draining the bleach at the wrong time and bleaching colored clothes and I talked to him about the price of washer being I was supposed to get it at a discount, Mr. Hinton tells me the best he could do is give me $50.00 off the price so I closed the account. The repair people were out on March 14 to fix the washer and replace some parts. The washer still does not work properly. I called corperate office explaining everything that has happened And I get sent back to all the same people I have spoken to before with no help at all. I called Mr hinton back on June 4 2007 after having the repair people come out and tell me from now on I should use a laundry bag to put my laundry in before it goes in the washer because the washer is winding my clothes up to the point of them breaking. Mr hinton tells me I can come back in and reselect a new washer for the 4th time but I would have to pay my past due balance first. I quit paying because I have no working washer and they have refused to fix the issues with the price. I went from a washer and dryer costing me $500.00 total to a washer costing me $700.00 by itself and all because they gave me the wrong washer and and then sold mine.

o

Back to original post:

I have to get these from time to time and they are quite difficult. You have to normally start swimming upstream from retailer, distributor/importer, to manufacturer until you get someone who can get them and will sell to you.

These are often called "parachute pulls."

You will need to know the model number and manufacturer and sometimes the serial number or mfg date, as the guts change from time to time.

One place that supplies to various manufacturers is
Leggett & Platt
211 Main St.
PO Box 367
Simpsonville, KY 40067
502-722-8811
replacements.0200@leggett.com
http://www.leggett.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Leggett's web site

o

I have a Italsofa recliner and the cable has broke. I have contacted Paul Schatz in Lake Oswego Oregon where I purchased it and they have been less than cooperative about finding me a replacement part. Can anyone lead me in the right direction??

o

We can help you get parts for most recliners- especially Douglas!

o

We are a manufacture for recliner sofa parts ,please feel free to contact us

http://jxjinmao.en.alibaba.com

o

If you need replacement parts for recliners, we have a large stock of cables, handles, motors, transformers, handsets and buttons ready for immediate shipment. We have secure online ordering 24/7. If you are not sure what you need, email for help.

Here is a link that might be useful: JM Upholstery USA

o

I recommend GraceRestorationSupplies.com

We have tons of different recliner release cables and handles in stock and available. Contact me with your needs at terrie@gracerestorationsupplies.com and I will find your parts.

I can beat most competitor prices.

o

Theres a great site called,
www.recliner-repair-parts.com
They sell lots of cables and handles, got mine really quick and used paypal.
Would def recommend.
They didnt advertise the one i wanted but, i got in touch and he was able to sort me out with my ring pull cable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here