Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Canadel Dining Table

Posted by shimkut (My Page) on
Mon, May 18, 09 at 11:18

Hello,
I would appreciate some feedback concerning Canadel tables. I read the posts saying that Saloom and Shermag are better and/or less expensive. However, only Canadel is available in my area. I am hoping to hear about some good experiences with Canadel. Thank you so much in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Canadel Dining Table

I have one -- about 4 years old. It is a birch top with black legs.

The top does scratch easily so we had to have glass made to cover it.

The black on the legs has chipped slightly from chairs bumping into them.

My DH loves the table. It is solid and looks nice. It was $$$

o

I have had mine since Sept. I am very pleased with the table. Its solid. I loved picking the color, size and style. I find its important to see some samples in a showroom. This was the brand in my area other than going to an Ethan Allen or the like. I ended up paying 2400. The top is wood so it can scratch although, there is a finish on it. I have a child so will look into a custom pad but any wood top table will scratch. Its a nice solid table. Its not top of the line but for that you'd have to pay much much more money. I am happy that it is real wood, beauitful and not an import. (well, its from Canada but you know what I mean-no asia)
good luck
Sarah

o

Thank you for the replies, Sarah and stir fryi!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here