Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
About Leather couches and sweating

Posted by stanleytapp (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 11 at 3:00

I have heard that leather couches can be the cause of sweating of your body when you seat on it. I am about to buy a new sofa for my home and want to have leather sofas. So can anyone suggest me about furniture choice? thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: About Leather couches and sweating

I have leather couches and I have never had a problem with sweating. My husband is always hot and he has never had that problem either. I'm sure it would obviously depend on the quality of the leather, but also the temperature of the room as well.

o

Haven't had a problem with that on our leather couch or leather counter stools.

o

Almost all concerns about sweating refer to vinyl where there is not breathing.

Leather breaths and because of that you find leather in almost all of the high end automobile makers.

I live in Katy Tx and only have leather at home.

Chris

cpfeiffer@louisshanksfurniture.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here