Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dogpound_gw

Best Leather Sofa Money Can Buy

dogpound
16 years ago

My wife and I are in need of our peers opinions on the best leather sofa manufacture with the most reasonable prices. I know you get what you pay for but certanily I would assume there are manufactures that make great products without breaking the bank if you will. We recently bought a England (laz boy) that literally fell apart within a year so I definately dont want to get burnt again. My resarch has come up with the following ranking:

1. Hancock & Moore

2. Bradenton Young

3. Leathercraft

Comments (10)

• jejvtr
    16 years ago

Another vote for H&M - we purchased The chancellor sofa a year ago from local retailer at 50% off - stunning sofa, very well made and the most comfy leather sofa I ever sat on

Here is a link that might be useful: H&M

• marydrealtor_cox_net
    15 years ago

Found a leather sofa at Restoration Hardware. It is 47" deep which is what I want. Has anyone purchased anything from this company? It is quite expensive.

• plinker
    15 years ago

I've tried to find prices of Hancock and Moore and can find nothing. And who carries their products?

• naimgaim
    15 years ago

Restoration Hardware leather chairs or sofas in brompton cocoa if you catch them on sale.

• bruce_draganjac_com
    13 years ago

Having had a sofa/loveseat from Lane for about 8 years, we knew we didn't want that experience again. So we shopped and found a set we liked by Flexsteel. It was more expensive than comparable sets because it was 100% top-grain cowhide. We've this set for 2 years now, and I can say without hesitation that it's the best furniture we've ever owned. And, we've had Ethan Allen and several other big names. Our Flexsteel set cost around $3K for sofa and loveseat. That was about 40% off retail.

• edie_thiel
    12 years ago

Probably a naive question, but I'm a willing to look a little naive in order to save money. How do you get 40-50% off Hancock Moore furniture? Or, what makes the dealer offer 40-50% off Hancock Moore? And, is there a best time to be shopping for leather sofas in order to get a good deal? Specific time of year, etc.? Oh, one more thing - is it better to live in specific parts of the country - e.g. North Carolina or the coasts - closer to furniture manufacturers?

• Brent B
    12 years ago

Duane Collie is the man you need to talk to, he has posted above, and his link in another post on this page as well.

Some of these companies will have some promotions, where they will put out pieces that will come in limited colours, maybe 2 colours, and certain grades of leather (usually not the top grades, probably grades 3, but still good leathers).
    I know that both H&M and B-Y have these promotions, but Duane usually has his fingers on the "button" when and how these promotions arise.
    Obviously, the closer you live to the manufacturing facilities, the less the shipping will be.

hth

• wholenewmom
    last year

@Brent B and @dcollie I'm very interested in discounts on quality furniture. Are either of you active here? Thank you so much.

• Brent B
    last year

wholenewmom

Duane hasn't been active in some years (probably more then 10), but can be found hosting at this link:

https://www.myfurnitureforum.com/index.php

He's the one to chase down regarding furniture.

Cheers,

BrentB