Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmbaker3_gw

buyer beware,. ethan allen

jmbaker3
13 years ago

I recently took delivery of EA American Artisian in a black finish. The product is terrible! Uneven spray patterns, obvious touch ups, the dresser top is coming off..drawers are a mess, drips in the paint...I could go on and on and have plenty of photos if anyone would like to see. I bought from the Baltimore area stores which are franchised. Whatever you do, stay away from a franchise furniture store. In addition my wife didn't understand what she was signing when she bought it and on the sales receipt the only contract info is FINAL SALE, AS IS. How can you in good faith sale new product as...AS IS! We are now trying to remedy this, but the owner has gone into hiding. I guess my next step is to contact corporate. In good faith I have not contacted VISA, but that may be in the works as well. In addition after now getting into this situation, we find the product is grossly ovepriced. While visiting a another EA store recently we found the sales people stuffed the dressers with pillows and bedding to weight them down so they would not rattle upon opening. This was a terrible mistake and I hope we can save others the pain of buying Ethan Allen junk. Not to mention, avoid the Baltimore, Maryland area stores!