Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jnh004_gw

Klaussner - Good or Bad

jnh004
12 years ago

We are shopping for a new sofa. We want a quality leather sofa, but don't want to spend upwards $4000. We would rather stay 2 or below, if that is possible. We are in GA. I went to an upscale furniture store that I knew carried quality brands. She suggested a Klaussner sofa as being a good choice. She said it would run as $1800+ but would stay around that price. But after looking on the internet I have not found many good things about Klaussner. Can anyone share their experiences with the brand or suggest a brand that is better in our price point?

Thank you in advance!

Comments (11)

• ncfg
    12 years ago

That seems awfully high for a Klaussner sofa; at that price you could get Bassett and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I would not say the brand is bad; however they are a mid line company. You may want to do some looking online for a better price or shop some of the smaller stores as they are typically more aggressive on pricing.

A good brand with out a lot of cost is Luke Leather, they have some very nice styles and quality builds. Their pricing is far better since they only do leather seating and have not spent a ton on pushing their brand name.

• judithn
    12 years ago

I have two Klaussner sofas. One is the Fifi, a very long deep sofa in our TV room and the other is a British Isles inspired day bed. They are working well for our family. I did have both of them made up in cream colored canvas, even though they are a in different rooms, and the fabric has held up very well over the past 2 years. I think that at their relatively modest price point, they are good value. We will get another couple of years from them certainly, it's not worth reupholstering them probably because styles will change, but I'm very pleased with them for now. We have a couple of teens and the pieces get daily use.

• joycesimmon
    12 years ago

I have klaussners sofa.They are really good. They are very comfortable and flexible. I think klaussner is good.

• jockewing
    12 years ago

One of the "respected" furniture stores in my area carries it. I really liked the look of one of their sofas until I sat in it. The whole thing creaked and if I swayed slightly from side to side the couch did the same! Complete garbage--at least the couch I saw was!

• dannyk48
    12 years ago

Klaussners junk. Stick with Flexsteel. Good pricepoint and excellent quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flexsteel Dylan Sofa.

• paige16
    12 years ago

Don't have any experience with Flexsteel but I'm pretty sure I heard some negative feelings just recently about them. You should find that post. I do believe its recent.

• Colleen
    3 years ago

flexsteal not a good quality

• julian sloan
    3 years ago

They will look great for years if you dont use them.we have had a set in the family room for about 10 years but we got them after the children left.

• HU-396540086
    3 years ago

We had Klaussner leather sofa and chair in our living room for the past 12 years. No one ever sat on the sofa and the chair went in the trash 2 years ago. I figured my husband sat in it every day and he’s a big guy, (6’ 225lbs) not surprising by the time we got rid of it one felt you were sitting on the floor, however, the couch had never had much wear, in fact only at holidays and due to changing the room around we’re now sitting on the couch regularly. This started in March 2020 and it’s now January 2021 and I can feel the couch beginning to break down. the cushions are flattening and I can hear the springs creak. The leather is doing okay, the arms are fading a bit from the oils in our skin. I hope to get at least 2 more years before I by an 8way hand-tied sofa.

• Lesley G
    3 years ago

We bought a Klausner sofa and loveseat. Within a year, both of the frames had broken. You can see underneath that they are literally snapped in half and touching the floor. My 40-lb kids must have played too roughly on them...