Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Teak Patio Furniture or other wood on-line

Posted by chellamaral (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 20:59

Hi all,

We are looking for better teak or other wood (is teak the best?) for our new Florida pool patio. My SO wants wood, I am thinking cast aluminum because of maintenance issues associated with wood.

Can anyone suggest an on-line dealer or any insight on wood vs. metal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Teak Patio Furniture or other wood on-line

Teak wood is a kind of wood that has been well known as the strongest kind of woods. There are no other kinds of woods that could be as strong as the teak wood. The eminence of the teak wood is that this wood could handle such extreme weather changes. There wouldn�t be any problems at all for the teak furniture if we out it outside for such long times. Definitely, the teak wood is the perfect material for the outdoor furniture.

o
RE: Looking for Teak Patio Furniture or other wood on-line

Do you have to stain teak regularly to maintain it due to outdoor exposure? I'm so tired of having to retain our wood deck and other outdoor furniture regularly; we get quite a bit of rain thorough out the year. I told myself that our next set of outdoor furniture will be something that does not require so much maintenance to maintain its good looks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here