Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
macys echo leather sectional

Posted by cilo (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 19:56

I am looking for a contemporary leather sectional with about 3k budget and so far I visited several furniture stores in the san francisco area (Echo, Envy, jimyko, west elm, eq3, scandinavian design, etc). So far I like the one in macys best... It seems it is made by natuzzi. Though when I found this forum today, it seems the opinion on natuzzi is not good... May I ask if anyone has any experience with this particular piece of sectional? Is it a good sectional for the price or not?

May I ask which furniture stores in the area that you will recommend?

My budget is about 3k... (will wait for macys discount for this)

Thank you very much for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: macys echo leather sectional

We were looking at the leather sectionals at Macy's too. I didn't get a warm & fuzzy feeling, nobody could tell me where they were made. They did say that they were made by Natuzzi though, but I've heard the stories about some being made in China and are not The Natuzzi of Yesteryear....

Anyway, we ended up going across the street to the Natuzzi Flagship store. The sofa we were (and still are) in love with is made in Italy. It was priced a bit out of our price range. I asked if there were any upcoming promotions or sales. Couple of minutes later,(after the salesman chatted with the manager)the price dropped $1500 and we bought it. I can't wait for it to arrive, it is on their "quick ship" program, so it should be here in about 3 more weeks. We bought the Savoy.

So, what's my point? Find a Natuzzi showroom, and you will get much better answers about the quality of the sofa you are interested in, and also turns out, you can ask for a discount! The store we ended up buying in, certainly admitted that not all of the sofas are from Italy, and there is different quality issues between them.

o

Thanks. I checked Natuzzi showroom and it seems the closest location is nearly 2 hours away...

I asked the sales rep in Macys and she said the sectionals they received were usually made in Italy. However when I checked its price tag, it said that it could be made in Italy or China...

o

It doesn't seem like their quality is what it used to be.

Here is a link that might be useful: complaints

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here