Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone have a split core latex mattress?

Posted by bsacks (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 19:01

I'm considering a latex mattress and like the idea of having split cores so my hubby and I can each customize our side. However, I'm concerned with having a "crack" in the middle of the bed. Can you feel the "crack" as if you have 2 twins pushed together? also, if you have a latex bed, which one do you have and where did you get it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone have a split core latex mattress?

I have a FloBed Latex Queen Split Mattress with a 1' latex topper. I can't notice any split in the middle since the latex pieces fit tightly in the zippered sturdy mattress cover and the topper has no split in the middle I love my bed so much. it did take a while getting the latex cores to be just right for my needs but it was worth it and FloBeds allowed me to make several exchanges. Amazingly, I like a very firm bed. The 2' topper that came with the bed was too soft for me. I have my 1' soft topper (that fits inside the zippered cover that looks just like a real mattress when zippered up) is over a 37 ILD Extra Firm Latex Core over a 37 ILD Extra Firm Latex Core over a 46 Super Firm Latex Core over a slat box with 10' legs to allow room to store things under my bed. The mattress is about 11' thick with the 1' topper.

My other size of the bed has the 1' latex topper over a 36 ILD over a 44 ILD over a 39 ILD. ILD is a way to measure firmness.

I know a couple where one partner has all medium latex cores and the other has a mixture of extra firm and firm but only have two layers of latex so are closer to the slat box so that firms up the bed even more.

Here is a link that might be useful: FloBeds link to the latex bed I bought

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here