Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
henredon cushions

Posted by kars1 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 17:30

I have 2 sofas from the Henredon Fireside Collection that were delivered Jan 2008. I noticed the cushions not "springing back" to shape after being sat on. The back cushions basically look collapsed. After contacting the dealer in Aug. 2009, Henredon replaced all the cushion cores at no charge. They looked great for a while but the same thing happened again. They have some down in them. I was told I had to shake and fluff them often. They are in our family room and get used daily. Even after they have been fluffed they just squish down again. The fabric moves on the cushion so you have to pull the welts to get it back in proper alignment. I hope this isn't what I should be expecting from these cushions. I have never had to do this on my previous Thomasville sofa.
Any suggestions? I am considering replacing the cores again.
Thanks

Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: henredon cushions

The normal core for the Fireside are the spring blenddown cushions. I have seen issues with the spring blend down in recent years because most companies provide down as a basic cushion.
Cust are demanding it because they give the sofa the crown look that is in demand. They will look more "casual" than a classic (flater) high density core. I suggest that you get either the 15% firmer or if necessary the 30% firmer spring blend down.
Henredon may or may not replace it, just have to check with local retailer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here