Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
charlie137

DWR Albert Sectional vs. Angelo Sectional

charlie137
15 years ago

I fell in love with a modern sectional called Albert sectional from the Design within Reach store. I love it in an ivory leather. The only problem is that is way too expensive selling at $5700. Even the sale price is too much for my budget.

While I was browsing on the internet I noticed another sofa called the Angelo Sectional on a modern decor furniture website. The website says it is an "alphaville" design??? It appears to be the exact same sectional, though thousands of dollars less. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone ever heard of this sectional or alphaville designs? Is the quality good?

Here is a link that might be useful: Angelo sectional

Comments (4)

• karsha
    15 years ago

charlie137,

I too love the Albert sectional at DWR. I hope to purchase it during their next upholstery sale. The Albert is made by American Leather. The $5700 sectional is the Vienna leather, which is not a protected leather. They also offer the Albert in the Sierra leather, which is a protected leather. I have kids and a dog and plan to go with the protected leather. I sat in the Albert in Sierra at one of their stores and found the leather wonderfully comfortable.

I am not familiar with Alphaville, but the Angelo does indeed look just like the Albert. I am not certain, but the description made it sound as if the ottoman makes for the sectional instead of a chaise as in the Albert. It says it allows you to switch between a left and right facing section.

• charlie137
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am leaning toward the Albert- Sierra in the cream color. I have never purchased a light leather before. I loved the feel and look of the lighter ivory color in Vienna. However, I prefer a leather that is more durable and like you indicated, the sierra is protected.

The Angelo looks nice on the website, but I haven't heard anything about this sectional and am a little weary. In NY, DWR had a promotion and told me that if I spend $5000, then I will receive $1000 off, with free shipping. The promotion runs until April 30th in case you are interested. Since the Sierra is listed at $4900, in order to get the $1000 off, you have to purchase something else for $100 to total $5000.

• karsha
    15 years ago

Yes, I saw that promo too. The thing is that I also want to order the Flight recliner, so I'd be better off waiting for the upholstery sale to get 20%, instead of just $1000. I like the black leather for the sectional and am undecided on the Flight recliner. I don't know if I should stick with the black (too boring?) or go for something contrasting. Decisions, decisions.... By the way, during the last upholstery sale, special order leathers, including the Vienna, were 25% off.

• karsha
    14 years ago

charlie137,

Were you able to decide between the DWR sectional and the Alphaville sectional? Would love to hear what you decided.

Good luck!