Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shawn_v

Is this a good gift?

Shawn.V
12 years ago

My sister just got married and I like this curio. I dont want to give to normal "just married" type of gift. I like this, In fact Im thinking of getting it myself but I don't know about as a gift. What do you think?

Comments (11)

• Shawn.V
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, I forgot the link for the curio!

http://stores.purposeproduct.net/-strse-271/Corner-Curio-Cabinet/Detail.bok

Thanks everyone!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

I don't think it would be a very good gift, if it is something that you think she will like and use, and keep forever. That curio in particular, is one I probably couldn't even find a single good place for unless it was hidden away in a closet...just not my style or taste, and after storing it 'long enough' would probably find a new home for it.

If you were going for something in Home Decor, I would go with some sort of a mirror in a wooden frame that could maybe be used in numerous places.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh...Welcome to Garden Web. I see you just joined Tuesday.

Sue

• Shawn.V
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, I did! First time I've been on this forum so I thought Id start with this post to see what the environment is like.

I was on the fence about it. She had just moved into to her new home and I thought something like this would be nice and inexpensive.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I seen a mirror on the site that I thought would go perfect and again inexpensive.

I appreciate the feedback and making me feel welcome. I think I'll look more into her taste so it doesn't end up in her closet. hahaha, thanks!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

In a way, I see a lot of home decor a lot like a pocket book for a woman...something she prefers to choose for herself.

A mirror though I think a mirror is versatile, and if not too big, can look good in numerous places in a home, or even used in a grouping.

It's nice that you are looking for something that will be special to her as opposed to getting a more commonly found "just married" type of gift." You might try browsing some antique and collectible malls. Often they have neat mirrors, and other decor that might be timeless in her home, and aren't too costly.

Have fun and I hope you find the perfect gift she will treasure forever.

• Shawn.V
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much! I will take heed.

• mitchdesj
    12 years ago

I would not buy that for her, a 15 inch high mini curio cabinet is not easy to place . If 30$ is your budget, I would get her a small mirror, easier to incorporate.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    12 years ago

Buy it for yourself since YOU like it.
    Get her and her husband something THEY like.

• lolauren
    12 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks this is clever spam?

• Shawn.V
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the welcome lolauren.
    If you feel that strongly about it then flag it.

Thank you mitchdesj and chemocurl for your valuable feedback.

• lolauren
    12 years ago

I stand by what I said. If not, here is my advice:

The domain name for that site is a month old and the site looks sketchy. The IP is hosted by a company that gives out free IP addresses/web hosting. If you are not a spammer (just an innocent person whose first post on GW is advertising a product on that site with key word "inexpensive" used a couple times,) then buy your gift from a company you can trust. There are no reviews of this company and you have no way to trust what your experience will be like with them... I would not be comfortable giving out secure information to that site.

To answer your original question, I would really dislike that curio as a gift..... I agree that type of object is something a female wants to pick out for herself. Otherwise, it's going to be wrong.

• Shawn.V
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I appreciate the good information. This is exactly why I come to fourums. Yea, I am pretty much settled that I'm not going to get it.

Thank you for taking the time to explain what you meant, I appreciate the consideration.