Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hooker Bedroom Furniture or the like

Posted by mill1045 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 19, 07 at 14:40

I am in the market for bedroom furniture, and really like the Albany Park line from hooker, solid construction and decent price. http://www.hookerfurniture.com/photos/large/HF54590220RS_11_03.jpg

My question for you guys:

DO you know of any other suites that have a similar look for a similar price? around 5k for king bed, 2 night stands, long dresser and tall dresser with mirror?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hooker Bedroom Furniture or the like

Look at the Mount Vernon collection from Durham. Solid wood, made in Canada, good upper medium quality. Hooker is veneer and particle board, made in China.

Here is a link that might be useful: Durham Furniture

o

I echo the Durham suggestion. I recently ordered the same pieces you're talking about (except for the tall dresser) from Durham's Savile Row collection for about $3000 (plus $300 shipping) from lexfurniture.com and am very happy with them.

I think the Savile Row collection, in person more so than on the Durham website, looks like the Hooker collection you linked.

Find a Durham retailer in your area and compare.

o
Durham Bedroom Furniture - Crouch & Furnone

Thank you so much both furnone and crouch for telling me about Durham since I need solid wood due to my allergies and their furniture looks very nice. Now I will try to find a dealer near me to compare with Stanley, Ethan Allen and Basset that all also have Antique White Furniture. It looks like Durham may be the only one that has no veneers and is all solid?

o

seems like a good CO, but I didn't find anything I liked as much as the hooker line...anyone else got some suggestions?@?

o

Hooker is a "pig in a poke" as my 93 year old Grandmother says...they are a low quality manufacturer masquerading as a high quality product. It pains me to think that someone would be willing to lay down 5k on this stuff. The finishes are horrible and the materials really stink. Can you tell that I am not a Hooker fan? It is actually Ashley in disguise.

Good luck!

o

well, got any other recommendations... I know its not high end, but a lot of bang for the buck...

o

I agree with Bellamy on Hooker, i wouldn't purchase something for that kind of money that will only go sourly bad in months. There are some good manufacturers out there that could pull high quality and solid hardwood. The problem you will have is getting High quality at a low price. For what I have seen solid wood manufacturers pride themselves of building stuff that will last and for that same reason the prices go up. I would try to go to

www.woodlandfurniture.com
www.antiguafurniture.com

These two sites have the same type of wooden furniture and might help you out

o

Have you looked at Kincaid or Cochrane? Cochrane offers a solid wood group that you can choose between maple or oak and also what stain color. You can also choose from several different pulls.

o

woodland and antigua are intriguing, but i can't see them, do i request a catalog?

o

Sounds like Durham is good quality.

o

Are any of these beds actually solid wood. I find that very difficult to believe. I like this curved bed though, but i suspect its also venear, but who cares, it looks cool.
http://www.lafurniturestore.com/story-curved-headboard-white-lacquer-platform-bed.html

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.lafurniturestore.com/story-curved-headboard-white-lacquer-platform-bed.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here