Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I built an ottoman

Posted by mrsmarv (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 5, 09 at 14:39

This is a cross-post from the Decorating Forum. I completed constructing and upholstering a coffee tabel/ottoman this past week and I thought I'd put it here for you all to enjoy or critique. For you "furniture gurus", let me have it...good or bad ;o)

I've supplied the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: My ottoman project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I built an ottoman

"A" for effort.

However, you have one glaring fault if I read this right. If you went to Home Depot and purchased this lumber there, its not properly dried and will twist/check/warp and possibly crack in the coming months. Pine is not the best choice for a frame, either. Next project, go to a place that sells hardwood and get some kiln dried poplar or maple for your project.

o

Thank you for the "heads up" about the wood. I certainly will keep my fingers crossed that my frame stays straight! Why would HD sell lumber that isn't properly dried?...(or is that a rhetorical question?) The next time I do any project like this I'll go to a local lumber distributor and purchase it. We only have one place that I know of in our area, and I probably should have done more homework.

o

I'm impressed. Well done!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here