Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Country French Dining Room

Posted by zinninge (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 08 at 13:49

I am having trouble finding a Country French dining room set. I don't like Ethan Allen, but I can't afford more than about $2000. Ideally I'd like to find something like the furniture in Claude Monet's Giverny kitchen, but haven't had any luck so far. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Country French Dining Room

Doing French Country, I would mix and match. Find a table with maybe a slight cabriole leg. Nothing too ornate. Then find some chairs that please you. They could have rush seats that you can add cushions to. Table and chairs wouldn't have to be the same color.

I have found when trying to stay within a budget and not having things look cheap is to pay attention to details. If you go for a cushion, buy good ones. Take a look at the Pierre Deux web site for ideas and well made seat cushions.

You could also look on places like Craig's list for an older table that is better made than the ones you'd be buying on a budget and have it refinished.

o
RE: Country French

Ballards has some country french but the sale ended. If you like these, I'd wait for a sale.

Just checked the link and all it does is get you to Ballards web site. Look at what they have to offer. They are in your price range.

Here is a link that might be useful: avignon

o

Have you tried Lucy Willow? They have some great pieces. I bought a dining roon table with 4 chairs and a sideboard from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: french furniture

o

Have looked at a lot of country french. Hooker,
Universal furniture and the Better Homes and Gardens Furniture (also made by universal) all have nice country french dining rooms in your price range. I did not purchase any of these sets so I cannot say how they stand up against wear and tear, but they did look very nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here