Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nichols & Stone furniture

Posted by sparklebread (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 13:36

This is a cross post from Home Decorating Forum. Does anyone have experience with Nichols & Stone furniture?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nichols & Stone furniture

I had 4 bow back chairs made by them. Wonderful furniture.the chairs are 35 years old. They have been passed around through our family. First my sister owned them, bought them new, years later gave them to me, years later I gave them to my son he painted them black, years later son gave them to his sister. Her husband set up a small spray booth and sprayed them white for her, they look modern and gorgeous. I would say money well spent.

o

I had 4 bow back chairs made by them. Wonderful furniture.the chairs are 35 years old. They have been passed around through our family. First my sister owned them, bought them new, years later gave them to me, years later I gave them to my son he painted them black, years later son gave them to his sister. Her husband set up a small spray booth and sprayed them white for her, they look modern and gorgeous. I would say money well spent.

o

I have NS Country Manor chairs and the St. George's table. I love their line. I have seen many less expensive furniture companies attempt to duplicate the Country Manor chairs, but none are as fine or as comfortable as the NS. The seat actually conforms to your " seat!" I don't think you will be disappointed. I had heard they had gone out of business, but, obviously not!

o

Thank you both for your feedback. We purchase furniture for the long haul and pass some pieces around the family as well! Placed the order today. 12 week countdown begins!

o

Which pieces did you order? Good luck! I think you will be very happy!

o

Just reporting back. We ordered pieces from the Williamsburg collection. Ordered in May-delivered yesterday. Quite a wait, but worth it. Finish is gorgeous and pieces are just beautiful. Highly recommend.

o

Please post pictures, I would love to see it!

o

I would love to see it as well, sparklebread. Glad to see people are still investing in quality furniture. I believe Stickley recently purchased N and S.

I had been coveting N and S quality for years and finally found an upscale consignment shop that had a secondhand dining table with 2 leaves and 6 Country Manor chairs (4 side, 2 armchairs). The set was just in the wood tone I had been looking for.
I did not hesitate to spend the $1,000 asking price. The side chairs probably cost $300 each new. Everytime I help my husband put the leaf in, he comments on what a solid and well-made set it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here