Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparklebread

Nichols & Stone furniture

sparklebread
10 years ago

This is a cross post from Home Decorating Forum. Does anyone have experience with Nichols & Stone furniture?

Comments (8)

• bullydosmom
    10 years ago

I had 4 bow back chairs made by them. Wonderful furniture.the chairs are 35 years old. They have been passed around through our family. First my sister owned them, bought them new, years later gave them to me, years later I gave them to my son he painted them black, years later son gave them to his sister. Her husband set up a small spray booth and sprayed them white for her, they look modern and gorgeous. I would say money well spent.

• bullydosmom
    10 years ago

I had 4 bow back chairs made by them. Wonderful furniture.the chairs are 35 years old. They have been passed around through our family. First my sister owned them, bought them new, years later gave them to me, years later I gave them to my son he painted them black, years later son gave them to his sister. Her husband set up a small spray booth and sprayed them white for her, they look modern and gorgeous. I would say money well spent.

• dorry2
    10 years ago

I have NS Country Manor chairs and the St. George's table. I love their line. I have seen many less expensive furniture companies attempt to duplicate the Country Manor chairs, but none are as fine or as comfortable as the NS. The seat actually conforms to your " seat!" I don't think you will be disappointed. I had heard they had gone out of business, but, obviously not!

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you both for your feedback. We purchase furniture for the long haul and pass some pieces around the family as well! Placed the order today. 12 week countdown begins!

• dorry2
    10 years ago

Which pieces did you order? Good luck! I think you will be very happy!

• sparklebread
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just reporting back. We ordered pieces from the Williamsburg collection. Ordered in May-delivered yesterday. Quite a wait, but worth it. Finish is gorgeous and pieces are just beautiful. Highly recommend.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Please post pictures, I would love to see it!

• chitownkat
    10 years ago

I would love to see it as well, sparklebread. Glad to see people are still investing in quality furniture. I believe Stickley recently purchased N and S.

I had been coveting N and S quality for years and finally found an upscale consignment shop that had a secondhand dining table with 2 leaves and 6 Country Manor chairs (4 side, 2 armchairs). The set was just in the wood tone I had been looking for.
    I did not hesitate to spend the $1,000 asking price. The side chairs probably cost $300 each new. Everytime I help my husband put the leaf in, he comments on what a solid and well-made set it is.