o
eucalyptus vs teak

Posted by archie123 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 12:24

How does eucalyptus compare to teak in terms of maintenance and longevity

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eucalyptus vs teak

For outdoor furniture I think teak is yor best option. It's used on boats for longeivity in a marine environmnent. You can let it gray or clean it once a year and use a teak oil. Another good option sand and clean the wood well and finish with Sikkens clear finish (available at marine stores or online). Get the marine finish not the deck stains. . It works like a varnish but is easier to maintain. Needs about three coats.

o

Both teak and eucalyptus provide excellent wood for furniture. While they have a few similarities, these woods are vastly different in appearance, cost and availability.

o

Teak is higher in quality than Eucalyptus when it comes to structural integrity. Though Teak may cost more, the difference in quality is what you are paying for. Teak can last at least 75 years, weathered and untreated whereas Eucalyptus cannot stand up to the elements in the same amount of time. Keep in mind that either of these woods may require routine maintenance such as cleaning to prevent or remove mildew depending on the climate your furniture is. I hope that helps answer your question!

Megan Ryan
Westminster Teak
1-888-592-8325 ext. 316
megan@westminsterteak.com

o

Teak is higher in quality than Eucalyptus when it comes to structural integrity. Though Teak may cost more, the difference in quality is what you are paying for. Teak can last at least 75 years, weathered and untreated whereas Eucalyptus cannot stand up to the elements in the same amount of time. Keep in mind that either of these woods may require routine maintenance such as cleaning to prevent or remove mildew depending on the climate your furniture is. I hope that helps answer your question!

Megan Ryan
Westminster Teak
1-888-592-8325 ext. 316
megan@westminsterteak.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here