Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hancock & Moore Firm Cushions

Posted by carla33 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 27, 11 at 11:36

Two H & M Austin sofas were delivered Monday. As soon as the delivery truck left, I knew something was not right. It didn't feel like the sofa we sat in at the store. The cushions seem too high, too stuffed, tilt up on the corners when sitting on them and are just not comfortable. I assume these are foam cushions. What are my options? Is the ultra down the soft cushion? The owner of the store marked on the receipt "special order - non returnable". I feel she is going to consider this our mistake. Can you return the cushions and have them replaced with a softer filling? What would be the approximate cost? We've had them 2 days and I am just sick about the whole thing! Any feedback or advise would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hancock & Moore Firm Cushions

Wish I could be of some help on your problem.

I have a similar problem. I bought an Emerald Craft sofa in Oct. It was a special order fabric, so I can't return it either. The cushions and back have are extremely firm and uncomfortable. The floor model had been much softer.

The store rep said it's because the floor model was sat on more, but I find that hard to believe. They hadn't had that style all that long, as I had been looking a month or so before I ordered one. They also told me it would soften up with use. I can't see any difference at all.

I have contacted the factory, Craftmaster in NC 3 times, and they don't respond at all.

I may check into having an upholstery company give me an estimate on restuffing cushions. I can't do anything about the back, of course.

o

Carla

May I apologize for my posting of yesterday. I am new at posting here, and I now realize I seemed to "take over" your question.

I hope someone has a solution to your problem.

o

No worries Carla,
I thought the same thing when our H&M furniture arrived. The couch cushions were so high that you could barely sit on them. The chair cushions were hard also......but after using them for several months, we found they just took some time to "break-in", and are feeling fantastic. Have patience, you have quality furniture there, and will soon be happy with it.
Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here