Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help finding a distressed ivory/white bedroom set please!!

Posted by snowang (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 11:18

Hi there! I've been searching up and down and left and right for a bedroom set that is unique and within our budget ($3k-$4k). I first fell in love with the Portofino bedroom set in ivory on an old Stanley catalog and was told the bedroom pieces were discontinued. Then I found the Sable Creek collection on Hooker Furniture's website.

http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index.cfm/furniture/furniture-catalog.show-collection-medium-products/home-furniture//furniture-collection/548-90/sable-creek.cfm

I couldn't get over the distressed ivory finish with painted floral accent. And the bed itself looks substantial enough. I know I can get a king panel bed, dresser with mirror, two night stands for about $3500 delivered and assembled but I need to check the real thing out first. Unfortunately the closest dealer with any display from this collection is 2 hours away and I don't have 4 hours to do this with two young children. I've read from this board and Hooker's quality can be inconsistent and they build with a lot of particle boards rather than the real hardwood I want.

Anyway, I'd like to see if anyone can recommend a set with a distressed or antique ivory or white finish, similar to the Sable Creek. I am not so much into the regular white or cottage or beach style or colors. I have read here that many like Durham Furniture for their hardwood and quality and the price is right for me. I do like the Savile Row collection but it only comes in antique black finish or mahogany. Thank you soooo much in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hooker Furniture Sable Creek

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help finding a distressed ivory/white bedroom set please!!

Is there a furniture store closer to where you live that sells Hooker Furniture (even though they don't have that specific line in stock)? You might want to ask them if they can order a piece for you at no obligation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here