Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polar5554

Flexsteel Latitudes - Dylan Collection

polar5554
13 years ago

So I have had my heart set on the Flexsteel Dylan Collection and after reading some of the reviews on here, I do not think I want to make this purchase as it is from China and the quality is not good.

Having said that, can someone tell me if they know of a better quality set that is almost a replica to the Dylan Style? I do NOT want the pillow top looking style on the sofa. Also, no nailheads, but more a contemporary style like the Dylan.

Here is what the Dylan looks like:

http://www.belfortfurniture.com/Img/collections/Flexsteel/Latitudes%20-%20Dylan_1127-LSS-b2.jpg

Comments (6)

• mkthompson
    13 years ago

Elite Interiors was wonderful in assisting me in my sofa purchase; they were able to find exactly what I wanted & I want to pass their info out www.elitefurnituregallery.com 843-449-3588.

• ellieohio
    13 years ago

Regarding the Flexsteel Latitudes -- I have one of their $1300 chairs and it has a horrid aroma. I really can't afford to throw it out (6 months old) and the company will not respond to any mail. I've contacted every officer in the Flexsteel company. I have been polite. I've asked for their help. No answer. The chair was made in China -- all Latitudes are made in China. I didn't know this when I bought it because Flexsteel is a midwest company I assumed they manufactured everything they sold. Heaven only knows what is lurking in that furniture. Can't help but think about the really bad Chinese drywall with the foul odor and the health hazard it became.

• spalady1
    12 years ago

I purchased a Flexsteel Latitude recliner last March, not inexpensive... The leather seems to be very thin and easily damaged. I loved the style but would not repurchase.
    I have other leather pieces in our home and they have held up much better. Just emailed them so we will see if they actually respond.

• pvoss
    10 years ago

I purchased 2 Lattitude chairs in August 2012. They both squeak. The bottom of the both chair cushions is torn from exposed metal underneath the cushions on both chairs. When you reach down between the cushions and the arms, you feel rough exposed wood. One of the tufted area has pulled away from the back of each chair in the same spot on BOTH chairs. Todays Furniture and Flexsteel is sending someone to "look at repairing these problems". It is obvious that these are flaws in the design. The chairs look great but with only one person sitting in the chairs, (I switched when the first one started to squeak), they are a disaster.

I also bought a sofa and it is great.(not Lattitudes) The Lattitudes collection is made in China. When they delivered the chair, I probably should have denied delivery. They actually put the back of the chair onto the base (KD-knockdown) furniture. The back leather of the chairs are actually attached by velcro to the bottom base of the chair. When I saw the chair in the store, it was against the wall and I did not see the back of the chair. It was extremely comfortable and that was all I realized at the time. Now the cushions are already sinking in the back and I believe that is why they have started to rub on the metal pieces. Again this is obviously a design flaw. Will wait on the "Furniture Repair company" to come on Thursday and see what they suggest. After reading some of the comments, I do not see an easy outcome. Will let you know what transpires,,,,
    As an additional comment, I bought Flexsteel since I had raised my children on Flexsteel sofa and chairs and they lasted until my children were grown...I cannot believe that Flexsteel is not testing their products when they order them from China...It appears there is no Quality Control on what is shipped. The underneath of the cushions are attached to the bottom of the chair with black velcro and the other one is white velcro that does not have an attached piece for the velcro to attach to...Bad QC and obviously a bad design

• Louise Hockenson
    7 years ago

I just purchased two couches and a chair that are Flexsteel Latitudes. I walked all over the store and when I saw these, and sat in them, that was it. They are gorgeous and comfy. So far so good.