Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thomasville Mercer

Posted by lilshern (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 11 at 10:54

I am looking to purchase the Thomasville Mercer sectional. Does anyone have this piece? Opinions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thomasville Mercer

Just curious if you ended up purchasing this sofa. I have been diligently researching and trying out sofas to find one that is the right style, length and price we're aiming for, and Mercer seems to fit the bill. Would like to hear if you bought it and if you were satisfied!

o
Help. Is this worth the money?

I am looking at buying a LOVESEAT WITH CHAISE in this style. Will this stand the test of time? Can I mix modern with this or is this too traditional? I am looking at a chenille but am considering leather. Would leather be a more timeless look? The cost for fabric was around $3300 and I want to know if it is worth it. This is a sale price and they are telling me that Thomasville sets their prices with no other discounting allowed. Is this true?

http://www.thomasville.com/Furniture/Living-Room-Furniture/Upholstery-Leather/i322755-Mercer-Sectional.aspx

It is the 1805 series.

o
RE: Thomasville Mercer

Brands change, so I don't know what Thomasville is like now. But I have a sofa purchased mid-90's (sitting on it right now) that is mediocre quality. The fabric pilled with VERY little use. I emailed the company, who replied saying I should contact my retailer. I had moved across the country, so that wasn't helpful.

I also have 2 bookcases, purchased mid-90's, which are mediocre quality. The backs aren't wood, just wood-printed hardboard, stapled on, and the staples have pulled out. My mother paid WAY too much for these pieces back in the day.

I will NOT buy products of a manufacturer that sets minimum prices unless I cannot get that quality or value from any other mfr. Thomasville just doesn't have the level of quality and design to demand MRP IMO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here