Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crate and Barrel- quality of kitchen table/chairs?

Posted by ebse (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 10:49

I'd love some feedback on this. I did a search but wasn't able to find much about the quality of C&B, although i did read an article that said to choose C&B over Pottery Barn.

Please let me know if you've been satisfied or not with the quality and/or customer service.

THanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crate and Barrel- quality of kitchen table/chairs?

My personal opinion is that you can find manufacturers of furniture made in the US for close to the same prices. Everything C&B, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware make is made in Asia. Even some Stickley stuff is being made in Vietnam. Check out Chatham Furniture Inc. All solid Cherry made in Massachussetts. It might not be your style, but you can get the idea of some really good craftsmanship. I bought an end table for $649 and it's hand made solid cherry. I would pay $100 less for one that's not solid hardwood, made in Asia. The difference to me is that when I die, that tables going to still be around and someone's going to want it.

o

We have a CB dining table/sideboard/chairs from a few years ago and it was made in canada by baronet. It was one of their more pricier sets.

o

We bought the Allegro extension table and Dylan side chairs. The table was easy to assemble, and we're happy with the look and quality. Unfortunately, it was made in China.

o

There is no quality to anyone's furniture that has to be assembled, regardless of the maker. Correctly made furniture has joinery, not bolts and screws.

o

I agree, they are a bit over priced for that they are selling. I am trying to decide on a dining set and saw a few at this store that look similiar to what C&B are offering...for alot less too.

Here is a link that might be useful: dining room furniture

o

Thanks! We actually ended up choosing a Saloom table, which I've read good things about--on this forum mostly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here