Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paddlenpedal

Bradington Young/ Hancock Moore- China or Not?

PaddleNPedal
10 years ago

Hello,

I have been looking at furniture for the last several weeks and have found this forum to be very helpful. I am hoping someone can help me with identifying better quality leather seating.

According to what I have read here, HM and BY are considered among the best -HM is said to be THE best. However, I have noticed that the furniture stores in my area are displaying some HM and BY that is not what I would consider top quality. The leather appears to be of low quality and the legs on the BY were screwed in crooked. I found that the BY has at least three lines that use the BY name. They have Envision, Seven Seas and BY. Seven Seas is made in China and has a lesser warranty. I have not found much information regarding Envision, but have not really looked.

HM seems to be offered in levels as well. At my local store (which is in a major city and has a massive showroom) the nicer HM is on one side of the store and the lesser is on the other. The lesser does not have a HM label in the seat bed (under the seat cushion) but the store has a manufacturer code assigned to HM on the tag.

When did HM and BY begin this practice and how do I shop for the better quality seating? Am I overly worried about the Seven Seas, Envision and NO TAG HM???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (3)