Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any luck reselling higher end furniture??

Posted by marciab10 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 8:20

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck reselling higher end furniture, and if so where did you sell it??

Craigs list seems to have all very low cost furniture. I was even told by a poster, that my items looked beautiful, but on craigs list most peopble were looking for bargains.

Maybe the problem is, is that it is contemporary furniture I'm trying to sell? We moved to an old world style home, and we replaced all our newer contemporary furniture.

I am trying to sell a dining room set, that is still available to purchase new, so people can check prices. All my pieces currently list for almost 20k, you can buy on sale for 14-15 and I'm asking 4300, hoping for 4K. Is this unreasonable? I paid 12k 4 years ago in NC.

I'm not sure if its the price or people are tired of contemporary(like I was)

I have so much nice stuff sitting in my basement.. would appreciate any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any luck reselling higher end furniture??

In Portland, you regularly see pretty high end stuff on CL. I'd certainly keep posting it there. With each re-posting (weekly?), try using different (but accurate) descriptions in the title and ad to cover different keywords.

With the markdown you are willing to take, I'd think a consignment store would work. Are there any near you?

If you know any realtors, you might ask them to pass the word to any stagers or developers they know. They usually rent furniture, but many will keep a storage unit full of stuff, especially if they can get a great deal on high-end stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here