Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any experience with Norwalk? Cushions?

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 5:43

I sort of meandered into a furniture store in a small town outside the mid-size city where I live just to check it out, and they carry Norwalk and he said its all made 3 hours from here right in Ohio. I don't know how I overlooked them before, probably mentioned here and I just didn't register it for some reason.

So, I love that they are made here, but I like to hear about any experiences anyone has had with them, reviews read etc.
And particularly the whole cushion issue. I have a bad back and want something firmish with support.
They have a poly wrapped foam that feels sort of soft to me but that is supposedly the most firm compared to the springs/foam/down and foam down (They do have an ultra firm but thats a total rock! )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any experience with Norwalk? Cushions?

I have a Norwalk sofa that I have had for 20 years that is in perfect condition. I want to get a new sofa because I am tired of the pattern, but I am having a hard time because it just wears and wears and wears. I also have a Norwalk sofa bed that is not very comfortable. The sofa definitely has support, and has kept it's support.

o

I own a furniture store called Divine Living in Asheville NC. We carry Norwalk custom upholstry because I believe that it is the best made out there. Everything under the fabric carries a limited lifetime warranty. You also have unbelievable options with Norwalk - you never have to settle or compromise.

In regards to the cushions, it is important to keep in mind that the cushion will feel different depending on the fabric that was selected. You could try either a stiffer fabric on the standard cushion or a softer, more giving fabric on the extra firm cushion.

If you decide to go with Norwalk, I really think you'll be extremely pleased with your purchase. I have never had any customer who had previously owned a Norwalk piece complain.

o

We have a Norwalk Recliner that it about 10-12 years old and is still in good shape aside from the fabric now looking outdated. They make a good product and Candice Olsen (my favorite celebrity designer) uses Norwalk furniture in many of her designs if that accounts for anything to you.

o

Its welcome to hear some good things. In the interim I did a search here on Norwalk and found mostly complaints. I know they almost closed recently but I will try to rely on the retail people here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here