Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rickds

Drexel Heritage quality problem

rickds
14 years ago

We just reveived a fantastic Drexel Heritage hall chest from the Talavera collection. Brought it from a dealer in NJ with a great reputation. Usually you are lucky to get 5-10% off on Drexel. We got 18% and felt very lucky. The chest arrived in less than 3 weeks from the mfg.. We inspected it 2 times at the showroom. It appeared to be perfect condition. It was delivered on a dark rainy day. When night feel we put on the small lamp we had placed on the black and white marble top. Stepped back to admire the piece and noticed that there was a small area 1/4" inch by 1" close to the front middle of the top where the marble was not shiny from polishing. Closer examination revealed a shallow 1/4" by 1" hole in the marble that was filled in with a black waxy substance. I called the retailer who was not to happy with me after I inspected it twice. He hinted that "with marble a natural substance, I may not be able to help you" PS I called Drexel directly, was told not to worry as they are shipping a new marble top to me. BUT, the customer service rep confided to me that they were having more quality control issues from China lately than ever before. This chest listed for $1550 and I mentioned my disappointment to the service rep at Drexel. I know we have lost the industry to the Chineese, but I figured that I was safe with Drexel. Any comments.

Thanks

Rick

Comment (1)