Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cal_dreamer

Opinions on Henry Sofa

cal_dreamer
12 years ago

I have been looking for a clean-lined leather sofa that won't break the bank.

Anyone have this one or have a knowledgeable opinion of it?

Thank you so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: West Elm Henry Sofa

Comments (7)

• freethinker99
    12 years ago

Cal The sofa looks nice style wise. You might want to ask these questions: It says solid wood. Is this plywood or hardwood. Most likely plywood. Hardwood is better. It doesn't mention what type of spring is used. Its probably no sag, sinuous. A drop in coil is better. 8 way hand tied is best. It says imported. From where? Any option on a cushion upgrade and what type foam cushion does it have. All it says it says generously padded foam. It says semi-attached back cushion. If there is a zipper at the bottom of the cushion you can then open the cushion if you need to. On the negative side if you have kids or pets who will jump on the back this type of cushion can rip along the seam at the top of the back. They don't really supply all that much information. I would call the store and ask them to answers these questions so that you can then decide for yourself the price-value relationship of the potential purchase.

• cal_dreamer
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info! We can't decide whether to buy something to tide us over until we move in 3-5 years or invest in something more expensive that we'll take with us.

Kids have moved out, dogs are not allowed on the furniture but they do lean up against it and I'm tired of dog hair stuck all along the front.

You have brought up some good points - we have given away all our old LR furniture, painting is done, and carpet comes in Saturday. DH wants to order something by this weekend - I know the style I want, but know nothing about quality.

Not looking for heirloom pieces, but something functional, comfortable, and clean lined. Something stock that could be delivered fairly quickly would be nice.

Thanks again for responding, and if anyone else has seen a decent sofa in a similar style, please let me know!

• freethinker99
    12 years ago

Cal visit your local stores if you need something quick. You might try looking for a floor sample with good quality features that the retaielr wants to move. Sometime you can get these at close to cost. Try a a leather specialty store and ask this question.

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

I highly recommend Wellington Furniture. I have purchased 4 sofas, 3 recliners, 3 chairs and 3 ottomans from them over the past 15 years. (Still using all of it except for 1 sofa and chair and ottoman whose green color didn't fit anymore). All but 2 chairs were Distinction Leather. Check out the link for a sofa similar to the one you posted. Distinction is 8 way hand tied, made in North Carolina, and Wellington currently is running 10% off with free delivery. They'll happily send you a batch of leather samples in whatever color ranges you're looking for.

I ordered a sofa at the end of November last year and it was delivered well in time for Christmas (though they had said it could be 6 weeks). I purchased a Chesterfield sofa and didn't want the tufted seat; they made cushions instead with no upcharge.

BTW, I am not affiliated in any way with either company.

Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofa

• sorrypail
    7 years ago

You are definitely paying for the look. The Henry sofa itself is total crap! It's a $500 sofa with a $1,000 price tag. After the first day, the cushions begin to sag and flatten. The construction is beyond poor. The tops of the arms are not even solid! You can push down on the arm and you'll notice it's nothing but filling and fabric over a thin wood frame. I mean, seriously, I've never had a sofa with an arm that wasn't solid/hard on top. If you want a sofa that will last more than a year, look elsewhere!

• Holly Adams
    2 years ago

Do not buy! The Henry sofa is a piece of junk. The "gravel" fabric is horrible. It started pilling within the first few weeks. Also the cushions are super lumpy. The customer service at West Elm was also terrible. I have been a life-long customer but not anymore. So disappointing!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH