Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a good price on Century sectional

Posted by nfceagles (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 22:35

Since an EA Retreat sectional recently priced out higher than I had hoped (8-9k) I have been searching for other options for a large scale, deep seated sectional. After reading these boards and searching for some of the brands listed I found a furniture store near me selling some of the really well thought of brands mentioned here. They are supposedly having a semi-annual warehouse clearance sale. I found a great Century sectional. Full price is listed at 10,900. Floor model is available for $5400 or I can get the reverse of that sectional custom ordered for $5900. Sales rep said the sale should last at least another week, but couldn't give me an exact date.

Do you think this price is a great deal or is this one of those situations where they are always on sale for something way less than retail. I think it's the one, but I'm not sure I can make the decision in the next week. Will I really be looking at an $11k sofa after this sale? (In which case I definitely won't be able to buy it.) It seems so much more well-made than the EA and at $5900 it's quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks for any opinions. These forums have been so helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here