Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
good quality bd furniture w/o breaking the bank

Posted by newyorkone (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 30, 09 at 22:15

I am looking for good quality bedroom furniture without breaking the bank. I just purchased my dr furniture with the help i found on this site - never would have found this company if it were not for someone mentioning it here. my last room that needs to be done is the bedroom. does anyone have any suggestions on companies that I can look into? thanks for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: good quality bd furniture w/o breaking the bank

Jason, I'd recommend looking at Durham and Orville and Meade (sister companies). Solid wood, nice finishes and reasonably priced. Both have websites to give you an idea, however (as several folks have mentioned on here) they don't do the quality of their stuff justice. Perhaps you can find local dealers and check them out. Online you can check lex furniture in Lexington KY or any of the places in NC for quotes.

I'm not affiliated with any of the outfits mentioned. You can also seach both on this forum for additional feedback on both.

Good Luck

o

I would second the Durham recommendation and add Chatham and West Brothers to the list. All are solid wood and made in North America. We just ordered a bedroom set from Chatham's Kittery Point collection, solid cherry and reasonably priced.

Good luck!

o

thanks for your suggestions. i looked on the durham site and saw some collections that were very nice. there is a dealer not to far from me that has some of the pieces on the floor. best of all i was told that durham is having a big sale through the month of april!!! thanks again!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here