Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jg79_gw

Will this couch fit through 36' doorway

JG79
12 years ago

Im going to be buying a couch soon and was just wondering if anyone here could tell me whether or not the couch listed below will fit through a 36" doorway without to many problems. It will be a straight shot from the outside into the living room.

http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?ProductID=31807159

Comments (7)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    12 years ago

You will need to know the dimensions of the sofa and the inside clearance of the door. Tilting the sofa as you go in will help

Also dont be fooled by the "suggested retail price" This is a cheap sofa, sorry to say.

• JG79
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The dimensions of the couch are listed under the shipping info tab, i guess i should have listed them. 40"(l) x 88"(w) x 41"(h). The inside clearance of the door is 36" x 79".

With two young kids and a dog im not looking for an expensive couch right now.

• Lars
    12 years ago

The company would have to be very stupid to manufacture a piece that would not fit through a 36" door. It is possible that it will break down into five pieces - two sides with arms and three seat sections.

• JG79
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks alot for the response!

• sloyder
    12 years ago

my couch just fit through the doorway standing on end, and it was around 77"

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    12 years ago

quote "The company would have to be very stupid to manufacture a piece that would not fit through a 36" door. It is possible that it will break down into five pieces - two sides with arms and three seat sections"

Actually, its much more common than you think Publickman, to build sofas that wont fit through a standard 36" doorway, and much less common to build sofas that consumers can dis-assemble and re-assemble. If your purchasing a sofa where the retailer wont diverge the original manufacturer thus the specifications can be very suspect.

• mom270
    12 years ago

It might depend on the brand of couch you are buying, but I found that the seller of the couch was willing to measure my doorway before I bought my couches to see if they would fit through a narrow doorway in my 1950s house. The shipper came and he was a pro. There was a charge, however they deducted it from the cost of the couch. To me, it was worth it for peace of mind. They ended up turning the couch on its end and coaxing it through upright. Check the back rail height, the leg height and whether the legs are removable. Room and Board makes couches with removable legs. Good luck.