Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmarr_gw

Hancock and Moore

lmarr
16 years ago

I am hoping that Duane or someone can answer my question.I have finally found a dealer in my area of New jersey and have sat in the Austin which I absolutely love. My dealer told me that the H & M sales rep. said that a sectional cannot be seperated, with the corner left out, to be made into a four piece sofa, either with all four seats reclining or with just the end seats reclining. Does anyone know if a left arm loveseat and a right arm loveseat can be put together. I cannot use a sectional and I guess I can use the Austin sofa and an individual recliner but would like the four pieces together. My salesperson is going to check again in case there is a miscommunication. I would appreciate any info.

Elaine

Comments (4)

• dcollie
    16 years ago

Hi Elaine,

Sure, H&M can, and will, pretty much make you anything you want. What you are looking for is non-standard, so there will be a custom charge but since H&M owns its own frame factory its not as bad as you might imagine. Just last week I customized a Campaign sectional for a customer and we added in an additional section to make one very long segment.

You cannot have a 4-seat unit with all four seats reclining however, as the reclining mechanism needs to have am arm segment to attach to. In that instance, you'd be better off to go with the Monterey theatre seating group and build that up to suit (every bit as comfy as the Austins, in fact probably more so).

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/product.asp?productid=1697

So what you're looking for is an Austin sofa 9034 with dual recliners and one inboard seat added. I can be built as a single unit (would be very heavy, and very hard to move) or as two components locking together with a sectional base (that's how I'd make it if I were buying it).

Just a guess here, but take the standard 9034 unit in your choice of hides, and then add approximately $ 1,000 for the extra seat, and probably $ 1,000 to make it split with the sectional interlock mechanism.

Duane Collie

• lmarr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply. Things I do always seem to be so complicated!
    I wouldn't want a four piece unit. That would be too heavy. Most sectional recliners have two loveseats that can be attached together making the left and right end seats into recliners and the two middle seats stationary.
    If I go with the Monterey, I wouldn't want arms in between the seats. I don't know if thats possible. I want the appearance to look like a long sofa.
    I really appreciate your responding. I have been searching for something for so long and feel when you're spending so much money, you have to make sure its going to be right.

• dcollie
    16 years ago

Hi Elaine,

I had to call H&M this morning on some other business and spoke with them about what you're looking for. What you will want to buy is a 9034-21 LEFT and a 9034-22 RIGHT section which are full-reclining loveseats, and they will simply build them to circumvent attaching to the corner unit. Definitely do-able, may require some slight modifications but certainly nothing major. Ping me off-list if I can assist further.

Duane Collie

• sis2two
    13 years ago

I have recently placed an order for a hancock and moore sofa and recliner. I read somewhere on this site that the down cushions do not hold up as well as the foam inserts. Is this true because that is what I ordered and hope its not too late to change that if need be. I ordered the journey sofa. I sure hope you can help me with this as soon as possible. Thanks so much.