Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftmaster or Clayton Marcus

Posted by mileaday (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 20:32

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about these furniture lines? I have Stickley tastes but not the budget. I'm having a difficult time finding chairs or sofas that I can sit on and actually have my feet touch the floor. I found models in both of these manufactures that work but I'm not sure about the quality of either the frame or the material. They won't be used hard and they don't need to last for the next 50 years but I don't want something that will fall apart or show wear immediately. They seem to be middle of the road price wise. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftmaster or Clayton Marcus

We have a Craftmaster sofa that has held up remarkably well with 2 teen boys and an 80 pound poodle. It's about 10 years old with no wear or tear.

o
RE: Craftmaster or Clayton Marcus

I purchased a Clayton Marcus sofa in 1995 as a newlywed (it was in a clearance room at the furniture shop and I got it for 50% off!) . It lasted through 2 children and a dog while I owned it, then in 2004 we gave it to a friend and it still looks great - and she has 3 boys under the age of 10 and a dog - the sofa is in the playroom, so gets a lot of traffic.

I steam cleaned the fabric several times when I owned it and even took the covers off the cushions and machine washed them - they still looked great.

I would have no problem recommending a CM sofa - assuming they still use the same type of frame/construction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here