Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husband Hates Chairs any suggestions? Pillows?

Posted by birkingirl (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 19:05

After waiting eons to redo my living room...I bought 2 Marlena Chairs from Mitchell Gold (link to MG chair below) . The chairs were great for our space, because they are narrow but have good depth. They are almost armless by design. Tight Back, loose seat cushion. My husband thinks they are VERY uncomfortable, even with the kidney pillow. He mentions it to everyone that visits "come sit in the uncomfortable chairs". Does anyone have these chairs? Do you find them comfy? Would a large back pillow make the chair better? We both agree that we need to elevate our feet onto an ottoman or the chair is not a cozy spot for long periods of time. I think the almost armless design may be the problem, but what do you all think?? What could I do to make them more comfy? Thanks in Advance.
I am providing a link to the chair.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitchell Gold Marlena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husband Hates Chairs any suggestions? Pillows?

That is a beautiful chair. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for making them comfortable, but I wonder if the back pillows might make it worse. Sounds like the ottomans help. Maybe some pillows for the arms?

Do you have a couple of other chairs in your home you could swap them out for? Comfort is important, so I have 6 modern style recliners in my living room...to me they are more comfortable than couches. I shopped forever for them and my guests love them. But my petite older Mother has challenges trying to recline...so you can't meet everyone's needs.

Did you get the chairs is that turquoise color...that is beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here