Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those considering Lee Industries

Posted by wekick (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 18:39

I bought 3 sofas and a chair. Two of the sofas have slip covers made of micro fiber. They are less than 2 years old. They have pilled very badly and look horrible. This is not covered in any way by Lee even the first year. Here is a copy of their warranty from the website.

QUALITY WARRANTY INCLUDES:

* Frame and springs are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for life based on the conditions noted below:

* Cushions, beds, mattresses, and motion mechanisms are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for seven(7) years based on the conditions noted below:

* Warranty applies ONLY to the original owner.

* Warranty applies to normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence or abuse and items used in a commercial or business setting are not covered.

* The furniture must be in the original upholstered cover.

* In order to request service under our warranty, all claims must be submitted through the authorized LEE retailer where the furniture was purchased.

* Upholstery fabrics, including slipcovers, will be warranted for one (1) year against seam slippage, fraying, and dye transfer when the cleaning instructions provided by Lee are followed. Wearing, wrinkling, fading, and pilling are not covered. Application of a soil resistant treatment by anyone other than Lee negates our fabric warranty.

The foam is somewhat fatigued on one of the sofas, but this may be under warranty.

Very disappointing that they do not stand behind their fabrics any better than that. These sofas have only had these slip covers half the time as I bought another different fabric that I alternate. I am going to call the place I bought them and see what can be done if anything.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those considering Lee Industries

Oh, that's a shame. I have a new (used) Lee sofa and am so impressed with its stability and comfort that I plan to order any future new pieces from them.

I do suspect that the new microfiber/microsuede fabrics are not all they're cracked up to be, from the thinness of the fabric alone. Perhaps it's best to stick with the traditional fibers of cotton/wool/linen/poly/nylon and avoid the rayon/chenille/microfiber types?

Good luck & let us know if they resolve your complaint in a satisfactory way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here