Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Bedroom Furniture

Posted by bertz3 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 18:36

I am looking for new bedroom furniture. What are your thoughts about getting 2 master chests instead of 1 master chest or tall chest and a double/triple dresser? I was thinking that two chests would be more versatile in that I could arrange furniture in several ways or, in the event of downsizing, two chests would be easier to fit in most bedrooms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Bedroom Furniture

I have no thoughts, but you might run the idea by the people in Home Decorating, who are very good at this sort of thing.

Start a thread there.

o

Bertz3, many sets cme with a five or more drawer chest and a media chest or a mule/gentleman's chest. I prefer a mix rather than two matching pieces.

Then again you will be the one seeing your furniture not me, so take my advice under consideration but make yourself happy first.

o

Thanks for the input. Have to think about this--you're right--I'm the one who has to live with my choices. Just don't want to be sorry about it later.

o

Love, love the idea!

The chest & dresser just looks so expected (& boring).

Break the "rules."

o

For a newly married couple. Bedroom interior is integral thing so i usually recommend to my friends to seek services from bedroommyplacewithstyle. com because i found there services simply awesome.

o

I bought the Thomasville reinventions bedroom set last year and have a tall drawer chest and the media chest, which is taller and narrower than a dresser so kind of like having two chests. I really like them and the flexibility to arrange. I put the mirror above the media chest. We have lots of drawer space, but we share each chest because one has tall drawers, and the other has shorter drawers. We also each have a nightstand, which has a good deal of drawer space. I'm really happy with this purchase. Finally made a good choice! Now if I could only find bedding that I love...

Here is a link that might be useful: Thomasville Reinventions Bedroom

o

Honestly I will never suggest any one to go and buy from this and that stores and these stuffs. That was the old time when our grand parents and parents were used to buy furniture once for their whole life. Now it is a new era and every one wants to change the settings of the place where they are living. So I think we should become designer at our own rather than to spend money on this type of ordinary stuff. If you are looking for two-chest type of accessories than it is quite easy to go for home made or old mattresses. Learn ideas instead of buying them. I am used to extract creative information through http://www.bedroommyplacewithstyle.com/ and YouTube videos and apply them at my own. I am saving half of money in this way.

o

It might be worth it to hire a decorator for a few hours to help you choose what would look best in your room. A few hundred dollars can be money well spent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here