Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique? Valuable? HELP!!!!

Posted by decor2livein (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 18:28

Help! I just bought this piece at a local antique and collectibles store, and I will admit to having no knowledge on the subject of antiques. It has storage on the bottoms and spins, and I purchased it because I liked the look and was planning on using it in my daughter's room to put her legos on/in. My plan was also to paint it white. When I got it home I noticed the tag on the top of one shelf. If anyone knows anything about this piece I would love to hear about it. Also any opinions on the question of -To paint or not to paint?- are more than welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique? Valuable? HELP!!!!

Sorry, only 1 picture loaded. Here is the piece-

o

It's awfully cute. If it's not trashed, I wouldn't paint it. Cuz it's pretty!

Stained wood will hold up to kid use better than most paint and it could be appreciated by adults as well--some day your daughter might want to stick it in her living room to hold...um...whatever replaces books.

It probably isn't valuable but it's such a great shape and really kind of practical. If you can spiff up what is there, I don't think you'd regret it. Get a nice glass top for it, maybe stick some coordinating artwork under the glass, and let the building begin!

o

I just happened onto your post. Not sure about your piece, but if you google Charak furniture boston, there are many pieces that are worth much more than what you paid (just guessing since you bought it for legos). There are several pieces on 1st dibs and this listing on Etsy. You might want to do more research before painting it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Charak

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here