Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexmomof3

Dexter custom upholstery reviews???

lexmomof3
10 years ago

Has anyone purchased Dexter upholster furniture? It is sold through fabric stores as far as I can tell. Our two local fabric shops offer this line where you select the style of sofa, chair, etc. and then select any fabric. They ship the fabric to Dexter in N.C. where it is made. For price comparison, a traditional three cushion sofa with skirt, spring down seat cushions, down blend back cushions and $24/yd fabric is approximately $2,000 after a 20% discount. I'm having a hard time finding reviews but it seems like a quality sofa based on the components that I read about. This is what they say on their website.

"Our frames are made from only kiln-dried southern hardwoods, our spring system is eight-way hand tied double-cone coils, and our cushioning options are among the industry�s finest."

It sounds good but I'm having trouble finding reviews. I'm also looking at Smith Brothers, Sherrill and Bassett (custom make in NC) but all except the Bassett is more than Dexter. The Bassett is about the same.

Any experience with Dexter?

Comment (1)